23 Dec Should I Install Impact Windows in my Palm Beach County Home?
If you’re an owner of a Palm Beach County residence, one of the smartest investments you can make is to install impact windows that are designed to protect against extreme weather conditions, as well as intruders who intend to cause harm.
What are impact windows?
Impact windows and doors are designed to protect your home from severe weather. They’re called “impact” because they’re designed to break apart on impact rather than allowing the wind or water to penetrate your home.
Impact windows should not be confused with hurricane windows. Though similar, hurricane windows are mainly designed to resist wind damage and offer less resistance to any projectiles.
When hurricanes started doing more damage along the east coast, builders began looking for ways of making buildings more resistant to them. They found that breaking the window into small pieces created a lot less damage than a whole window would if it blew in on the wind. Impact windows and doors are made of special materials that can take a lot of punishment from flying debris and even bullets if you live in an area where there’s a lot of crime. They’re popular with people who live in hurricane-prone areas, but they can also be used in the wintertime when high winds make it hard to keep warm inside.
Here’s why you should consider impact windows or doors
1. They’re strong enough to withstand high winds and other severe weather conditions without letting any of that weather inside your home. When a hurricane hits, residents are advised to stay inside until the storm passes because it isn’t safe outside. If you have impact glass on your home’s windows, you can stay inside longer, knowing that the chances of the windows shattering are significantly reduced if the winds become too strong.
2. They don’t get stuck or freeze shut as regular windows might in cold weather, so you don’t have to worry about getting frostbite.
3. The Windows Can Be Energy Efficient and Save You Money. These windows can help reduce your energy costs because they provide better insulation than standard glass. Most windows come with double panes of glass and air space between each pane that helps block outside noise while retaining heat in cold weather and keeping cool air in during warm temperatures. They usually include Low-E glass, which reduces the amount of heat that gets into your home by up to 40 percent – making it easier on your HVAC system throughout the year.
4. Installation of the windows will also make your Palm Beach County home more comfortable by letting in natural light but keeping out harmful ultraviolet rays. You will no longer have to worry about protecting your furniture and floors from fading due to UV rays exposure.
5. The windows are easy to clean and do not have seams that collect dust and debris like regular windows. They come with a lifetime warranty, so you never have to worry about replacing them again.
6. Our windows are designed to drastically reduce the noise coming into your home as they are made thicker by having multiple layers of glass.
As a homeowner in Palm Beach County, installing impact windows will undoubtedly give you a sense of security when hurricanes are on the horizon. Contact Palm Beach Aluminum today!